Advanced-Level Course on edX
I helped develop Strategic Social Media Marketing on edX.org. This course ran for six weeks and is part of a MicroMasters program in Digital Product Management, comprising a series of credit-eligible courses that waive 25% of the degree requirements for a Master of Science in Digital Innovation (MSDi) at Boston University, reducing the course load to seven months.
More than 50,000 people have enrolled in this course.
- Over 22,000 learners signed up for the first run of the course (Nov-Dec 2017)!
- Over 15,700 signed up for the second run (Apr-May 2018).
- Over 13,000 signed up for the third run (Aug-Oct 2018).
- The course ran again for a fourth time (Jan-Mar 2019; analytics not yet available).
Join the Facebook group, which has more than 4,900 members.
The MicroMasters program (of which this course is a part) was nominated for the 2018 edX Prize:
Congratulations to the @BUQuestrom team! They have been nominated for this year’s edX Prize for their work on their Digital Leadership #MicroMasters program.
Learn more: https://t.co/EzblNr2ujW pic.twitter.com/6oEWeo8RGb
— edX (@edXOnline) September 23, 2018
Feedback from students:
- This is the third EdX course I have taken in this micromasters program, and this course has definitely been the best organized and easiest to understand. – Molly Farrar
- “It was fun, engaging, and competitive.” – Nadim Nassar
- “It was fun and interactive! I have the business knowledge of social media marketing now and am looking forward to using it.” – Ta Nya
- “This course was comprehensive and very enjoyable. It is one of the best courses I have ever done!” – Victoria Mathews
- “I learned so much here and it was one of the best [studies] I got for my entire life! Yes really!!!” – Flora Vannineuse
- “It’s the best course I’ve taken on social media, super complete. All the content and additional readings have been very enriching and useful!” – Giannina Solari
- “I have learned so much from this course, thanks to the instructors and guest videos. I have learned all the different ways to track social media reach and impressions, what they mean, and how to interact with consumers online.Although I already had a strong background in social media management for organizations, this course has helped me to better understand how I can figure out the wants and needs of my audience and how I can frame messages to fit my organization’s goals. Using metrics is so important to this as well – something I didn’t fully realize before. In addition, Part 6 has taught me that it’s important to put aside emotions and be respectful to everyone. You should also put together a crises plan for every incident that could happen, no matter how small.” – Taylor Dean
- “It’s difficult for me to find one take away from this course. It has all been a revelation for me. I was quite clueless about a lot of topics covered in the course. Going forth, all my SM efforts will be centered around my goals. I was also skeptical about spending money on ads, but now I feel confident after learning about ROI.” – Poonam Joshi
- “There was so much wonderful and helpful information included in this course, it is so difficult to identify one main takeaway! I really enjoyed this course, I found it much more engaging than other MOOCs I have taken in the past. I think the most helpful aspect for me was the section on determining social media marketing ROI. The approaches were explained succintly, so that even someone without a marketing degree can understand and follow. Thank you to the instructors, course developers, and fellow learners for a great experience!” – Cheryl Simmons
- “I want to thank #QSTSMM for a very engaging and well-crafted online learning experience! The richness of the material is incredible!” – Cindy Johanna Rodriguez Avila
Purchase the book series based on the course: